This page hosts the resources available on the previous website's "Facilitators Only" page. Over time, these resources will be updated, re-organized, and expanded. Let us know if you have suggestions and/or would like to help!
As a facilitator, you can register with AVP USA and AVP International! Why?
- Sign up for the AVP USA newsletter "The Transformer"
- It's easy!
- Connect with facilitators and councils around the USA and the world.
- Lots of resources for you and others in your council.
- Learn about national and international AVP conferences.
AVP Manuals and Other Resources
- available to order on the AVP USA website
Organizing a Local Council and Workshops
- Local Council Responsibilities
- Recruitment for Diversity
- Marketing AVP Basic Workshop
- Develop your own conflict resolution workshop program
- Sample Mini Workshop
Handout Materials to Promote AVP
Prison Support Groups
There are two ways to develop support groups for inmates who have taken AVP workshops:
- When an active workshop program is present in the prison, an Inmate Leisure Time Activity Group (ILTAG) is formed by facilitators. Please see: AVPCA ILTAG Policy
- When there is no AVP program in a prison, a pilot program can introduced where an outside coordinator works with a group of facilitators who have been trained in other prisons. These inmates form an ILTAG and the outside coordinator consults with them on AVP group processes. Please see: ILTAG Pilot Program
Inmate Leisure Time Activity Groups (ILTAG): ILTAG Sample By-Laws
Articles on how support groups are working: Creating Community - Miami-style and AVP Practice Groups.
For more ideas, see the AVP USA Organizing Kit: a guide for those initiating or strengthening AVP in communities and prison.
Materials for all Facilitators - New and Seasoned
In order to maintain a consistent, professional standards statewide, at the 2005 Annual Gathering, AVP CA approved the following guidelines and standards for use by local councils and facilitators throughout the state. Gathered from local councils, national gathering and national materials (including manuals), it is recommended that someone from the steering committee or its representative meet with local councils annually around these issues.
The following documents are to be read carefully by every new facilitator:
- AVP CA Facilitator Qualification Guidelines
- Expectations of an AVP Facilitator
- Policy on Facilitator Participant Relations
- Queries on What it Means to be a Member of an AVP Team
- Queries on Sexuality and AVP
- Article 20 Ways Toward Understanding the Prison Experience
- Article Physical Attraction and Power in Prison
- Facilitator-Workshop Guidance & Evaluation
- Queries on Relationships and AVP
- AVP CA Bylaws & AVP USA Policy
- Expenses (driving, accommodation, materials, etc); Reimbursement Policy and Reimbursement Form (PDF) and Reimbursement Form (Excel sheet)
- Mandated Reporting and AVP
- Financial Support for Local Councils: Fillable PDF version; MS Word Doc version
Materials for Team Coordinators (TC)
In order to orient new Leads and to help experienced Leads be on the same page as other California facilitators, the following materials have been developed:
- Guidelines for AVP CA Facilitator Qualification - Apprentice, Facilitator, Team Coordinator (Basic), Team Coordinator (advanced)
- Team Coordinator Manual
- Supplies for AVP Kit
- "Feeling Faces" Exercise Materials (pdf)
- Sample Agendas:
Basic - Sample 1, Basic - Sample 2, Basic - Sample 3, Basic - Sample 4, Basic - Sample 5;
Advanced - Sample 1, Advanced - Sample 2;
T4F - Sample 1 T4T - Sample 2.
- USA AVP Benefits
- Sample sign-in sheet (prison workshop) for keeping attendance
- Sample sign-in sheet (community workshop)
- Evaluation Forms: Facilitator Constructive Guidance and Evaluations, Participant Evaluation Form, Team Coordinator Workshop Evaluation Form
- Posters (only one set per kit)
Transforming Power Guides poster (doc),
Transforming Power Guides poster (pdf),
Agreements poster (doc),
Agreements poster (pdf),
Principles of Transforming Power (doc)
In late 2019, after months of hard work by many people, the AVP CA database and QEWR inside workshop database finally merged to become QEWR4. The old AVP CA database no longer exists. Your previous QEWR login should work for the new QEWR4. Please contact Diana Couch ( Diana Couch (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you .
The database is a resource for AVP facilitators to keep records of workshop participants and contact other facilitators and potential workshop participants. If you have recently taken an AVP T4F workshop, please enter your own information in the database.
Team Coordinators: please enter your workshop report in QEWR4. If you do not have access, lost your access info, or don't know how or what information to enter, please contact Diana Couch at email@example.com. It is tremendously important for us to keep track of ourselves, and tell the world about the good work of AVP!
Materials for Certificates and Graduation
You can use the following templates to print certificates of completion for participants in your workshop.
- Participant Certificate - Basic
Participant Certificate - Advanced
Participant Certificate - T4F
Team Coordinator Certification
- Facilitators Log - please give to all new T4F graduates, in order to record workshops they facilitate.
- Community T4F graduates - please give them, or link them to, the materials for new facilitators, above.
- Outline of USA AVP Benefits
- Handouts - You can share these useful documents with all graduates: 6 Point Problem Solving, Transforming Power Guides - English, Transforming Power Guides - Spanish.
- Pins and Cards - to receive the AVP Pins and/or AVP cards (AVP contact info on the front, guides to Transforming Power on the back, English or Spanish), please contact the distribution volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Steering Committee.
- For prison workshop participants: Inmate - Support AVP and Parolee Letter.
Introducing a Workshop to a Prison
- Outside Prison Coordinator's Job Description
- Glossary of Prison Terminology
- Organizing Kit (publication for purchase from AVP USA website)
- Opening & Coordinating an AVP Program at a Facility
- AVP Promotion Flyer
- AVP Promotion Poster
First Time to Visit a Prison
- About Going In
- First Timers Quiz
- 20 Ways Toward Understanding the Prison Experience
- Physical Attraction and Power in Prison
Old materials to give you new ideas for workshops and outreach
- Statewide Flyer
- Santa Monica Flyer
- Oakland Flyer
- Poster Fresno
- Santa Barbara Flyer
- Basic Workshop Confirmation
- Butting Heads - Conflict Resolution
- Back of a Flyer
- April Scholarship flyer
More content to be added (this can be done even after the new site goes up, as the current Facilitators Only page will remain online, having access to the database).