for Steering Committee Use
Many of the following
documents are PDF files. If you would like these in a Word document that
you can alter for your own use, just email.
Letter to Parole Board template
Please also check the Resources
and What is AVP?
sections on this website.
To go into a prison, see this Master list of contacts.
1. Checklist for launching new prisons
2. AVP/California By Laws and AVP/USA Policies
3. State Guidelines on Facilitator Qualification
4. AVP/CA Reimbursement Policy and Expense Form
5. Standards Packet (scroll down on page) for AVP/California Facilitators
6. AVP/CA Policy on Inmate Leisure Time Activity Groups in CDCR (ILTags)
7. Considerations when receiving requests from filmmakers to cover AVP/CA programs
MATERIALS TO GIVE WARDENS (See also AVP Organizing Kit)
1. Peaceful Relationships flyer: Print
on 11x17 paper and fold in half. This can function as a folder for the
rest of the materials you are giving.
2. Establishing an AVP workshop in a CDCR
3. About AVP Workshops.
materials. (See Facilitators Only page)
Use the above materials as appropriate, plus AVP Organizing Kit
See also Wikispaces
1. Guide to Transforming Power
Cards with address (two files)
2. AVP/CA Updates (Older)
Sample materials for prison administrators
Checklist for launching new prisons
Older letters to wardens
*1. Inquired but not too familiar
with AVP as a result of inmate encouragement
*2. Letter sent to Warden who may
be familiar with AVP
*3. Letter sent to Director of Adult Institutions Woodford prior to 2005 meeting
1. AVP Guidelines/relationship
between facility and AVP
2. Statistics on California Prisons